- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 6 tbsp water
- Put soy sauce, mirin and water in a plastic bag. Set aside.
- Soft boil the eggs. Boil water in a saucepan, gently put eggs in the boiling water, and then reduce the heat to simmer. I like 6 minutes; the original recipe suggests 7 minutes -- this is to your taste
- Take out the eggs from the saucepan. Let them cool in cold water in a bowl. About 3 minutes.
- Gently peel the eggs.
- Put the eggs in the sauce bag we set aside. Seal the bag, and then leave in the fridge overnight. The original recipe suggests minimum 3-4 hours; recommends overnight.
- Be excited like it's Christmas today; Santa is in town! Take out the eggs from the bag, cut them in half. Rejoice!
I adapted this recipe from the original in Just One Cookbook. It is arguably the easiest ramen egg recipe you can find in English on the internet, with minimum ingredients reqiured and tastes awesome.
The original recipe says 7 miniutes to boil the egg. I did 6 minutes. I did not use the ice and water — I just put the boild eggs in cold tap water. I got consistency I like. Perfect :)