- 150-250 grams pork fillet
- Some panko breadcrumbs (enough to coat the pork. I used German one)
- 1 egg (I didn’t know how to have only half of an egg, so I used 1 egg...)
- 1-1.5 tbsp flour
- salad oil for 2-3cm in the saucepan to be used for frying
- Cut port fillet. Cut into pork and make grooves (10 or so).
- Salt both sides. Black pepper on one side only.
- Coat pork with flour. Remove excess.
- Whisk egg well. Coat pork. Remove excess.
- Coat pork with panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat up the oil in the saucepan to 180°C. This will go down to around 170°C when you put the pork in. Try to keep 165-170°C over medium heat.
This is great as it is. Or will be a component for katsudon (recipe to come :)).
I adapted this recipe: 思いっきりかつ丼 (Katsudon).